Our people are at the heart of WhiteWater’s success and achievements. Why? Because the way each of us view the world, our mindset, directly impacts every interaction and experience we have, each relationship we build, and the goals and outcomes we achieve.
Just as we as individuals are shaped by our mindset, so too is our organizational culture – the collective mindset of the company. At WhiteWater, we: Trust, Co-create, Respect, Collaborate, and Engage. When we cultivate a forward-moving, highly collaborative and fully accountable and committed company mindset, we are: High achieving; results-driven and knowledgeable; Enthusiastic, innovative problem solvers; Collaborative, supportive and inclusive; and United, trustworthy and trusted
The Marketing team is looking for a Communications and Content Specialist! Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, we expect you to be up to date with the latest trends in both content marketing strategy and social media. You’ll also have an interest and knowledge of the world of board sports including surfing and flowboarding, and will be plugged into this culture. You’ll craft daily social posts, both imagery and captions and monitor social listening - establishing relationships with influencers and the media. You must have excellent communication and time-management skills and be able to express the brand messages creatively. Your expertise, creativity, and story-telling skills will create compelling content customized across all social channels, industry publications, websites, and blogs.
- Create content in collaboration with team members across Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service to build these brands by creating a wide variety of digital marketing assets, from video and animated gifs to emails and blog posts.
- Generate, publish, and share engaging content daily on multiple platforms that establish category authority, increase engagement and drives web traffic.
- Communicate with followers and respond to comments in a timely manner.
- Find and develop strategic influencer relationships and partnerships and earn media mentions.
- Perform social listening to manage brand reputation, and identify customers’ preferences to fill any content gaps.
- Research surf industry-related topics including interviewing industry professionals/ venue operators and incorporate this in long copy formats including blog posts and articles.
- Create a wide variety of copy and marketing materials including brochures, blog posts, social posts, white papers, case studies, press releases, email marketing campaigns, and web content including landing pages.
- Manage and protect the Endless Surf and FlowRider brands, producing on-brand engaging copy and imagery; editing and proofread all content before publication.
- Develop & deliver a monthly social content calendar, producing content to meet deadlines.
- Monitor effectiveness of the content - manage monthly reporting, analytics and recommendations across all channels.
- Organize/coordinate all photoshoots and video shoots.
- Record or procure, edit and organize photo & video media.
- Own the brand aesthetic, protecting brand identity.
- Three years of prior experience managing social media campaigns and creating digital content marketing.
- A degree in Marketing, or Journalism is an asset.
- You are a natural storyteller, able to mix words and images to make compelling content.
- Expert or very strong know-how with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok.
- You can demonstrate a love of surfing and can create and maintain a writing style or tone of voice that is in line with our brands and that will resonate with our surf enthusiast reader.
- You have a strong visual aesthetic with a developed sense of photography and cinematography.
- Proven technical abilities to an intermediate-level experience in photography, videography, and editing for posting on social media channels - comfortable using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite with emphasis on Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- You are fully engaged in developing your social media career and stay up to date with best practices and what makes content successful in today’s social media world.
- Accountability – We do what we say
- Collaboration – We work well together
- Customer Focus – We know and respond to our customers
- Communication – We listen to and understand each other
- Authenticity – We are honest and trust each other
- Resilience – We deal effectively with pressure, are persistent and optimistic
- Flexibility & Adaptability – We are willing and able to respond to changing circumstances.